Da Edith Cowan University, Austrália, chega-nos um interessante e prático instrumento para quem quer ou tem de se lançar a fazer uma revisão da literatura. E quem não tem, mais cedo ou mais tarde?
Atenção aos 5 Cs:
1. Cite: keep the primary focus on the literature.Agradeço à Joanna Whitfield, que me chamou a atenção para este documento.
2. Compare the various arguments, theories, methodologies, approaches and findings expressed in the literature: what do the authors agree on? Who employs similar approaches?
3. Contrast the various arguments, themes, methodologies, approaches and controversies expressed in the literature: what are the major areas of disagreement, controversy, debate?
4. Critique the literature: which arguments are more persuasive, and why? Which approaches, findings, methodologies seem most reliable, valid, or appropriate, and why? Pay attention to the verbs you use to describe what it is an author says/does: e.g. asserts, demonstrates, etc.
5. Connect the literature to your own area of research and investigation: how does your own work draw on/depart from/synthesise what has been said in the literature?